Thursday, November 22, 2007
Thursday Thirteen-- more reasons to be Thankful
1) My family...OK, that can take up reasons 1-100 probably, so I'm cheating and smooshing them into just #1. I have the most amazing, supportive, wonderful, loving, kind, intelligent, super family members. Every single one of them enriches my life every day, and brings me joy every day and I am so ridiculously blessed that sometimes it takes my breath away.
2) My friends....again, probably reasons 100-200....but I also am pretty darn lucky to have amazing, supportive, ambitious, wonderful, kind, intelligent, caring, sensitive friends. All of whom give fantastic advice and even better hugs and all of whom have been there for me through many of life's highs and lows. Again, ridiculously blessed.
3) My job. I consider myself one of the lucky people in this world that loves, absolutely loves what she does. Every day is interesting and every day I learn something new. And everyday I laugh, either at myself or at my students. Not many people can say that. So, even with crazy parents, nutty kids and a curriculum that seems to get harder rather than easier...I still love my job!
4) The miracle that is growing inside of me right now. Thirteen months of emotional roller coaster trying, two blood work visits and one HSG test and I have a miracle that I will be thanking God for every single day from now until forever. (Even when I'm throwing up! :)
6) My husband. Because not only did the man love me enough to marry me, but he's loved me every day since we said I do, and will love me every day until my teeth are falling out and my hair is thinning.
7) The smell of Christmas trees and holiday wreaths. I love this smell. Oh yeah, and wood burning stoves. And spring flowers opening. And the way the earth smells after a summer rain. And freshly mowed grass, and my Mom's sauce bubbling away on the stove and baby's heads.
8) When Linus, our cat, snuggles up next to me on the couch. (Even though he's not supposed to sit on the couch.)
9) When Russ is listening to his radio show, or watching his Ipod, and he starts to laugh at something he's heard. It's that deep belly laugh that makes me smile.
10) Curling up on a snow day with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa, while still in your pj's.
11) Getting a pedicure. Even better--getting a manicure and a pedicure. Best of all--getting a manicure or a pedicure with your Mom and your sister. Better even than that--getting a massage with your Mom and your sister. (Mom and Tina, that sounds good, let's do that soon!)
12) Hanging out at the beach house...and spending a lazy day in the sun where the biggest decision you have to make is whether you should be red or green when we play bocci.
13) Our house. Our cozy, comfy, character-filled house. Sometimes I look around and I can't believe that this belongs to US. I love our house. It is uniquely us, and so special because of it's age and it's history and the vibe you get once you walk through the door-like you can take a breath and just relax.
I can keep going....oh my, how I could keep going....but those are some of my reasons I am thankful this Thanksgiving!