Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I fell off the wagon.....or rather, I fell asleep last night and didn't wake up to post. I blame it on whatever illness is attacking my body leaving me with a croaky voice, runny nose, sore throat and cough.

**********************************

What's amazing to me is that one year ago today, Aliza was a wonder. As in, I wonder if she is a boy or girl? I wonder when she'll arrive? I wonder if I'll be a good mom? I wonder what she'll look like? I wonder what her personality will be like? I wonder....

Today, one year later, Aliza sat at the Thanksgiving table with us, eating her own meal of sweet potato mush. She is a real little girl with a clear developing personality. My brother, her Uncle Mike, even commented on what a little snuggles she is.

I am thankful for a lot of things in my life.....my husband who loves me despite all my craziness, my family, amazing in-laws, friends who support me, a job I love going to, being able to wake up every morning and see and hear and walk and talk, living in a place where I get to see the seasons change, being able to afford a home and food on the table.....but if I have to name the thing I am most thankful for it is without a doubt Aliza. She is perfect in every way imaginable and I can't help but think how blessed we are that we created this miracle who is healthy and happy and growing and doing everything she is supposed to. Not to mention pretty darn cute! She is, by far, the best thing I have ever done in my life and I thank God for her every single day.

No comments: