Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Onesies and strollers and bibs, oh my!

This past weekend I had my first baby shower--thrown for me by my amazing sister-in-law and wonderful mother-in-law: It was so much fun to meet many of the women that I have heard stories about through the years of being in this family, and, of course, to reconnect with the family members I already knew and loved. Everyone--from those I was meeting for the first time, to those I have known for the past four years--was so excited about the birth of our baby girl. It is truly amazing how a baby brings such joy to so many!
The shower itself was absolutely wonderful....held in my mother in law's house, catered with some delicious food, and some really neat touches to make it personal. Everyone got to sign a large rock, that is going to go into my vegetable garden, and they also got to create bibs for our little girl! My one request was that I not get stared at TOO much and my sister in law, very sweetly, organized some fun games for the guest to play while I opened the presents. Oh, and everyone was asked to bring a book for baby girl and I got SO many good ones, with very few repeats! Russ and I have already started reading her bedtime stories, in eager anticipation of the nights when we get to snuggle her in our arms while reading to her. Plus, I love that her bookshelf is now considerably fuller than it once was!
We also got some amazingly generous gifts, including the pack and play, stroller and both the infant and the toddler car seat! The pack and play and stroller already sits, assembled and ready to go, in our living room. And Russ eagerly installed the car seat base into his car....We also got a lot of clothes for baby girl. I think she has more than me already!!! And I, of course, spent Sunday washing, sorting and folding....all in all, it was a wonderful day, filled with sunshine, family, happiness and love....
Mom S. and Beth--thank you so much for being the amazing family that you are, and for blessing me with so much love that my heart swells. I am beyond lucky to have married a wonderful man, and to have been welcomed into his wonderful family!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,It is early A.M., I should have waited to read your blog,once again you bring me to tears.(joyful)You truly are blessed,for all that you are & all that you have.NO one deserves it more.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I made it through the entry but not your mom's reply. Mrs. I!!, I try not to cry at school. It was a tremendous day. How lucky was I to be there.

Nessa

Tina said...

What a nice picture, next time turn sideways so we can really see the Big Belly! And.. hey, I want to inspect that car seat...

Anonymous said...

What a fun day that was! I had such a great time planning it with Mom. It is so much fun having a sister...and a pregnant sister is even more fun. Just THINK what it will be like to have a sister and a niece. I love you and you were such a good sport at your shower. Beautiful, graceful, and so cute. I hope I'm 1/2 as gorgeous as you are when I'm pregnant. Your most recent post makes me want to wait just a tad longer. I don't know what I'll do If I can't sleep on my stomach.

shelleycoughlin said...

You all look great! And yay, it's Beth! Tell her to get her butt to the next book club. :)