Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy (belated) birthday to me!

I had a birthday a few weeks ago...I'm pretty grounded and generally don't get too crazy about my birthdays. I was doing fine with this one--31-- until my husband pointed out (quite gleefully I might add) that 31 is closer to 40 than it is to 20. He got a good chuckle out of that one. So I pointed out the gray hairs that are growing in his head. Ah, marriage!

Anyway, I do have a tendency to think about the year that has passed and the year that is coming around my birthday. I know that some of you out there might be thinking that I'm about to launch into another post about how sad I am that I'm not pregnant, but, surprisingly, I'm not.

Folks--life is good.

Actually, life is better than good. Life is pretty darn fantastic.

My Mom keeps telling me that my 30's are going to be the best years of my life and I'm starting to think she is right. Does it get any better than this? A husband who adores me, and whom I adore. A house that is, more and more, becoming our own. Truly a home. A family that I love being with (and I do mean my in-laws also because they are as much my family as my husband's). Two gorgeous nieces that get cuter, and smarter, every day and who make me smile every time I see them. A job I love and that challenges me every day. New beginnings-- taking classes for the first time in seven years, beginning to take on more leadership roles within our building and our district. The financial stability to pay bills on time (once upon a time that didn't happen!) and even think about vacations every year! And friends I love talking to and being with.

Like I said, life is pretty darn fantastic. And 31? It's not looking so bad after all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you TONS!!!!!
Best of Luck with this new school year.
Mom S

Chrissy said...

I love the messages that your mom leaves -- so cute!

Happy Belated, Lisa! Glad I'm getting to e-know you. And glad you're happy and content! :-)

Kelli said...

Happy belated 31st my friend.

May this year be the best yet!

Anonymous said...

Three Cheers to my sis-in-law for her darn fantastic life and for making mine more fantastic! You are the cutest 31 year old I know! Hope you have a GREAT start to the school year.
Miss you,
Beth