Friday, February 27, 2009

Mysteries

There are a couple of mysteries plaguing this educator's household.....mysteries that are, as of yet, unresolved.....one I think can be resolved through this here blog. The other one....probably not.


The first mystery: missing pants. Yes, you read right, missing pants. See, I had these two pairs of pants that are practically brand new (having bought them shortly before I got pregnant and thus unable to wear them for very long before I was wearing maternity clothes) that are now too big on me (thanks to Aliza's amazing nursing ability). So I was going to bring them to a tailor to get taken in. Which, I actually did one day. But the tailor wasn't there.....so I put the pants in my car (at least I think I did) and brought them home so that I could return another day. Well. I went to bring the pants back to the tailor a couple of weeks later and I could not find them. They are completely missing. I looked in my closet. I looked in Russ' section of the closet. I opened drawers, I looked in the basement....I even looked in the garage. I called the tailor to see if I had left them there.....they are gone. Two pairs of perfectly nice pants! Gone! I am hoping they will turn up still because pants can't just walk away on their own.....


The other mystery is this:

Education of the Educator -- Site Summary ---



Visits Total ........................ 2,600 Average per Day ................. 18 Average Visit Length .......... 2:17 This Week ...................... 129

Page Views Total ........................ 3,265 Average per Day ................23

Average per Visit .............. 1.3 This Week ...................... 162



If you scroll down to the bottom of my blog, you will see a site meter. I put this up awhile ago, thinking I'd end up being embarrassed by the fact that it would take me ages to get to 100 visits (I know how many comments I get and how much I post). To my surprise, I hit the 100 mark rather quickly. At first I was pleased, then puzzled. I started getting reports like the one above and I became even more confused. 18 visits per day? Who are all of you? And, the better question is, why aren't you commenting? I know that there are some people that like to come and watch the videos of Aliza, or look at the pictures I post, several times a day (Hi Grams and Gramps!) but I'm sure they aren't coming to look 18 times.....that means I have some lurkers. I know it's not de-lurking day, but if you stop by this blog, could you leave a comment to say hi? Just so that one mystery in my life is resolved.....

10 comments:

shelleycoughlin said...

Ha! The mystery of the lurker. I get ten times as many hits as comments, so I have no idea where those people are going either. I guess some people just don't want to be bothered to leave a note!

Unknown said...

I'm totally with you on the mystery of lurkers. I get way more visits than comments...an odd phenomenon.

Good luck on that pant hunt. I've had objects like that go missing and it's always so frustrating!

Tina said...

I'm no lurker but I'll say hi!

Still haven't found the pants?

Anonymous said...

I didn't take the pants (I would need a much bigger size) but I do look at the videos A LOT!!! They cheer me up and make me giggle out loud. I don't comment often but I should just say HI..
Love "Guilty" GramS

Mrs. C. said...

I just started reading your blog. I actually just joined the blogging world a little over a month ago, so I've been exploring and sometimes can't remember whose blog I've commented on. so, in case I never said hello, hi!

JaxMom said...

I usually comment, but thought I would say hello. My friend Jenny has started reading my blog and has explored the others I read, so she may be lurking, but she is not a blogger, so she probably does not comment....I do know she has become obscessed with the Yang Triplets (she has 5 children of her own), so probably lurks there quite often....

JaxMom said...

Oh, and since you have many of the blogs I like to check on, I also use your site as the start of my reading...I might count for 2-3 of your hits...

Anonymous said...

Guilty,guilty.I want to admit to reading your blog several times some days(especially when there are videos)They make me smile.
Have the pants turned up?
Nonna

Anonymous said...

I don't comment very often, But I read your blog and LOVE your pictures and videos. I will try to leave more comments.
Love you,

Keetha said...

Mystery is over-rated. Hi!