Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I should have stayed in bed....

You know those mornings where you wake up and you very quickly realize that you should have stayed in bed? And then the morning progresses and it doesn't get any better??? That was my morning today.....

The alarm went off at 5:03 and I woke with a vague headache (no big surprise since it was raining and I always get a headache when it rains) and that feeling in my stomach that meant that I would, once again, be throwing up before the morning was out (also no big surprise since that seems to have started again for me--three days last week and now two this week). I roll out of bed and go about my morning, knowing that I have to leave earlier to trade cars with my Mom so mine can go in the shop because apparently, when a red light starts flashing, you are supposed to stop driving. Who knew?!?

Next I couldn't get dressed. You know what that's like--when first of all it feels like you don't have any clothes, secondly you are tired of all of your clothes that you do have and finally nothing is fitting right. Mornings like that suck when you aren't pregnant, but when you are pregnant....well, let's just say you resign yourself to the fact that chances are high that you just won't feel like you look good all day long. Four outfits and one quick run to the toilet to wait patiently for the throwing up that didn't happen and I'm ready to go.....
As I'm putting on my shoes- literally, one shoe on and one off- I make another dash for the bathroom where (not even kidding) I heave and throw up for six minutes. My headache is now worse and I am running later than I want to be.....

Moving on.....
Now that I'm late, I hit the road praying the red light doesn't go on in my car again before I get to my parent's house (it did- but I make it there safely anyway). I pull in the driveway and discover that there is a tree blocking the whole driveway.
Again, not kidding. At this point I seriously consider turning around, and light flashing or not, drive myself home and crawl back into my cozy bed.
Instead, I wake up my poor Dad, who comes outside to check out the situation (did I mention it's raining? Not hard, just a fine drizzle that lets up but still....). He decides he needs a chainsaw and goes to get one. It takes him a few tries to start it (I was convinced it wouldn't start, or it would run out of gas because that is just how the day is going) but he gets it going an 30 minutes later the tree is out of the way and I am on the way.

Five minutes into my drive on the Parkway the gas light in the car goes on.
There are no gas stations off the Parkway for about thirteen exits.
I decide to try and make it, recalling numerous stories from my mom about driving for three days with the gas light on. Perhaps I am tempting fate, perhaps I subconsciously don't want to make it to school at this point, but I go for it anyway.....and, I actually make it. Shocking, I know!
I get to school with ten minutes to spare, ready to take a nap....

3 comments:

shelleycoughlin said...

Ugh. I hope your day gets better! At least you have the memories of a lovely February vacation to fortify you until the spring comes!

Anonymous said...

YUCK!!!! That sounds just awful! You need a BIG HUG (~) maybe two(~) Hey... you did it though. Good job! Better day tomorrow.
Love ya Mom S x0x0x0x0

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how on days that start like yours did it ALWAYS seems to be raining??!