Saturday, February 03, 2007

Peace.

My husband is sitting on the couch with his best friend, strumming on his guitar and singing the song that he sang to me on our wedding day.

Cookies are baking in the oven.

Our two cats are snuggled up on nearby matching chairs, not hissing for once.

We had a successful day of shopping for clothes--including a new suit!- for our upcoming cruise (only 14 more days!).

It is simple moments like these when I look around at my life and I feel at peace. All is right with the world and I, I am so blessed......

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I think it's so important to take a step back during moments like that and appreciate them -- glad you were doing just that.

But, I'm confused...TWO cats? Did I miss seeing one of them for the week and a half that I was a houseguest?!

Kelli said...

Oh yeah, and EVERYTIME I hear that song Russ sang at your wedding I get a little misty-eyed. That was still one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed at a wedding reception!