Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nuggets of thoughts

Here are a few nuggets of thoughts, since I haven't had time to create a post in quite some time.

Let's start with numbers:
2 --that's the number of days of school left. Yes, that's right, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is burning brightly.

7--that's the number of days until we close on our house. We got the word from the nice man at Liberty Bank-- paperwork is all in order, the appointment is set and we are moving full steam ahead. The only thing left to do is go and empty out our savings account for the downpayment.

A few other thoughts:
I discovered that Stoli Raspberry and soda is NOT as good as Stoli Raspberry and 7Up. Others disagree, sorry Mel and Kelli, but it definitely wasn't fruity and yummy enough for me.

Apparently I didn't need to worry about my green thumb. The seedlings I started are all growing beautifully. I took a picture a few days ago to post because I really am that excited about it but have yet to get around to actually posting it. I will though....

Yesterday I got to cook with herbs that I grew in my little deck garden. I was so excited I sang all the way down the hall, and all the way back to the kitchen. (Luckily for my husband our apartment is small so it wasn't that much singing.) Then I promptly waved my freshly cut herbs in Russ' face so that he would be properly impressed. He was.

Whenever I visit my Nonnie and I ask her how she's doing, she tells me she was waiting for me. It makes me smile and it breaks my heart all at the same time.

A few days ago I got to sit in on my first interview for a paraprofessional. Because I'm me I was totally thrilled by the opportunity, even though all I really did was, literally, sit there. I went in to thank my principal for the opportunity and he promptly invited me to sit in on another one. I don't have a big role, but it still feels rather special.

I have a 10:00 am meeting in the town I teach in the DAY AFTER SCHOOL ENDS. I'm focusing on the fact that I always go back to school the next day anyway and so it doesn't really matter, rather than the fact that the meetings REALLY DON'T END in my district.

I promise to post more, and more often, soon.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm looking forward to more posts. Sorry the Stoli & Soda water didn't do it for you -- but I think we can all agree that those Bellinis were freakin' AWESOME!