Thursday, April 02, 2009

If aliens ever land on earth, I know who should talk to them....

Overheard in my classroom:

C: Ninja mouse's head is wearing off.

Me: What???

C: Ninja mouse's head, it's wearing off....

Another student: I think he said that he likes nut crunchers.....

Me: (Laughing) I don't think that's what he said! C, what are you talking about???

C: Ninja mouse! (Holding up a pencil with a purple eraser top that he has colored in with a marker.) It's wearing off! (Pointing to the top of the eraser that is worn down from so much erasing.)

Me: So, let me get this straight, you've nicknamed your eraser Ninja Mouse and it's wearing out?

C: Yes!

Me: (Still laughing, because, really, I love third graders) Why don't you get a new one?

C: OK!

1 comment:

Nonna said...

I agree,third graders(& 1st& 2nd etc.)are great.Being able to laugh @ work is a wonderful thing!
Nonna