Thursday, June 07, 2007

Just one reason why I'm counting

It's like they've forgotten things that I've already talked about thousands of times before. Here's an example:

Me: Everyone put your science packet in your green science folder. (They've had this folder all year long and they have put things in it for science all year long!)
Me: OK, put your work in your science folder.
Me: Once your work is in your green science folder, line up for P.E.

A student, waving his science packet in his hand, with his green science folder open on his desk: Mrs. S, where do I put this?

Me: AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (O.K., I didn't actually scream, but I wanted to!)

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hang in there! I'm with ya on the end of the year craziness... it's so unfair!

With my 4 year olds it's a bit different...

Me: PLEASE don't throw your lunch spoon in the garbage with the rest of your lunch (every day I say this)

Them: fishing out metal spoons at least 3 times a week from the bottom of the nasty, food-filled garbage can.

I hear ya!

Anonymous said...

Throwing their retainers away at lunch is another great treat.

"Please !!!! Be sure to give these papers to your parents to sign. If you don't you will not be able to go on the field trip!!"

The list is endless.