Monday, November 13, 2006

Umm....WHAT did you say!?!?

Today my student teacher was in the midst of a spelling lesson on making words. The students had a bunch of letters in front of them and they were given directions to switch around, add and remove letters in order to make new words. Now that you know the background, here is what I overheard while working at my desk:

Student Teacher: OK boys and girls, now that you spelled city, take away the c and add a t.
I'll give you a minute to think about that....yup, that's right....
Student A: tity??
Student B: Tity! I got it, it's tity!
Student C: Tity!
Students D-I: Tity! Tity! Tity!
Me: Miss R, aren't there more directions?
Student Teacher: Umm yeah, boys and girls, take away one of the t's and add an n.
The word was supposed to be tiny.

I held my laughter in all the way down the stairs, and into the office. Where I promptly told the entire story to a colleague with tears running down my face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I can just picture a room full of 20 eight year olds yelling "tity."

ha ha haha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I can just picture Juliette coming home and telling me she learned to spell tity!!!